The Iga Swiatek vs Ons Jabeur fixture in the final of the 2022 WTA Rome will take place on Saturday, 15 May 2022, starting at 11:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is Stadio del tennis di Roma, Rome. Iga Swiatek vs Ons Jabeur (May 15) final prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Iga Swiatek vs Ons Jabeur latest odds on betting sites
Iga Swiatek is priced with the odds of 1.25 (-400 American; 1/4 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 77%. Ons Jabeur comes with the odds of 4.60 (+360; 18/5) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 23%.
The latest odds for Iga Swiatek vs Ons Jabeur (May 15):
- Over 19.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 9/10)
- Under 19.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Jabeur — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Swiatek — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
- Asian handicap (+5.5) games on Jabeur — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (-5.5) games on Swiatek — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
Iga Swiatek vs Ons Jabeur match preview and statistics
Iga Swiatek destroyed Aryna Sabalenka (6-2, 6-1) in the semi-final.
Iga Swiatek won the first return game after a 40-0 score, but lost a service one and the score was leveled. She reached a 40-0 score in the second return game and converted the second break point. After a 3-2 score, Iga Swiatek won three games in a row to finish this set. She converted 75% and saved 50% of break points and did not make a double fault.
In the second set, the Polish tennis player showed her domination one more time. She easily won the first four games. Swiatek received seven break point opportunities and converted two of them during these games. Also, she saved 100% out of two break points. She was not lucky to convert a single break point in the fifth game, but she won the next two to finish the match in her favor.
Iga Swiatek has won the last five matches with a total of under 19.5 games. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.00 (+100; 1/1) in this fixture.
Ons Jabeur won over Daria Kasatkina (6-4, 1-6, 7-5) in the most recent match.
Ons Jabeur reached a 40-0 score in the first return game of the first set and finished the first break point successfully. However, Daria Kasatkina won the next three games in a row. In spite of such a strong performance from her rival, Ons Jabeur leveled the score. Then she lost the seventh game, but won the next three to finish the first set in her favor. She did not make a double fault and converted three out of four break points.
Daria Kasatkina played flawlessly in the second set. She won the first three games. Ons Jabeur won the fourth one, but then Kasatkina won three more to extend the match for three sets. She won 68% of service points and 56% of return points. Daria Kasatkina converted 100% out of two break points and did not give her rival break point opportunities.
In the last set, the tennis players were approximately equal. Ons Jabeur received her first break point in the second game, but did not convert it. She reached a 40-15 score in the fourth game, but Kasatkina saved all break points. After this, Ons Jabeur won the next two games. However, Daria Kasatkina won the next three and was close to finishing the match in her favor. Ons Jabeur showed the second incredible comeback in this tournament winning three games in a row.
We have seen a total of over 2.5 sets in two out of three H2H matches. The same total comes with the odds of 3.20 (+220; 11/5) in this final.
Iga Swiatek vs Ons Jabeur H2H
Ons Jabeur won over Iga Swiatek (6-3, 6-3) in the 2021 WTA Cincinnati. She made three double faults in two sets. The Tunisian tennis player won 66% and 46% of service and return points, respectively. She received seven break point opportunities and converted three of them. Also, Ons Jabeur saved 100% out of three break points.
Iga Swiatek won six service games, but did not win a return one. She won 54% of service points and 34% of return points. Swiatek made three double faults and saved four out of seven faced break points.
Iga Swiatek vs Ons Jabeur predictions and betting tips
Iga Swiatek is in her peak form now. She has a streak of 27 victories and with most of them to nil. Swiatek has not played flawlessly in H2H matches against Ons Jabeur, but their last head-to-head fixture was in the previous season, when Swiatek was much weaker than at the moment. Also, the Polish tennis played flawlessly in the last fixture. She lost only three games.
Ons Jabeur had a difficult way to the final. She was close to being eliminated in the quarter-final and in the semi-final, but she was lucky to come back in both those matches. Her rivals in these matches were not strong and were for sure much weaker than Iga Swiatek. I believe the Swiatek will win the fifth tournament in a row. A total of under 19.5 games looks safe too, because Jabeur is not in her peak form now.
Betting prediction: Iga Swiatek to win & under 19.5 games
Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional)