Wimbledon 2022: Rybakina vs Halep prediction and betting tips (July 7)
Simona Halep has won 11 of the last 13 matches. Will she beat Rybakina to qualify for the final stage?
Simona Halep extended her streak of 2-0 victories in the 2022 Wimbledon quarter-finals
Simona Halep extended her streak of 2-0 victories in the 2022 Wimbledon quarter-finals
by No Avatar Alex Weaver

The Elena Rybakina vs Simona Halep fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 Wimbledon will take place on Thursday, 7 July 2022, starting at 2:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club. Elena Rybakina vs Simona Halep (July 7) Wimbledon semi-final prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Elena Rybakina vs Simona Halep latest odds on betting sites

Simona Halep is priced with the odds of 1.35 (-286 American; 7/20 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 70%. Simona Halep comes with the odds of 3.25 (+225; 9/4) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 30%.

The latest odds for Elena Rybakina vs Simona Halep (July 7):

  • Over 21.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Under 21.5 games — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Halep — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Rybakina — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (-4.5) games on Halep — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Asian handicap (+4.5) games on Rybakina — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)

Elena Rybakina vs Simona Halep match preview and statistics

Elena Rybakina destroyed Ajla Tomljanovic (4-6, 6-2, 6-3) in the previous stage.

Tomljanovic received three break points in the second return game of the first set and converted the last one. Then the tennis players were absolutely equal. They did not lose more than 30 points in their remaining service games. Rybakina did not make a double fault in the set.

Elena Rybakina reached a 40-0 score in the first return game and converted the second break point to reach a 2-0 score, but Ajla Toljanovic instantly leveled the score. Then the Kazakh won four games in a row to finish the set with a 6-2 score in her favor. She received four break point opportunities and converted three of them.

Elena Rybakina started the last set perfectly. She won the first three games in a row and reached a 40-30 score in the fourth one, but she did not convert a break point. Then she won the next two games to reach a 5-1 score. Ajla Tomjanovic won the next two games, but was not able to finish the score and Rybakina finished the match in her favor.

A total of over 2.5 sets has played out in two out of three H2H matches. The same total comes with the odds of 2.70 (+170; 17/10) in this fixture.

Simona Halep won over Amanda Anisimova (6-2, 6-4) in the most recent fixture.

Anisimova easily won the first game of the first set. However, Halep won five games in a row to reach a 5-1 score. Then the tennis players traded winning their last service games to finish the set with a 6-2 score. Simona Halep converted all two break points and saved two out of two breaks. She won 67% of service points and 45% of return points.

The second set started the same way as the first. Amanda Anisimova won the first game, but Halep won the next five to a 5-1 score. The American tennis player won three games in a row to reach a 5-4 score. She reached a 40-0 score in the 10th game and had three opportunities to level the score, but Halep saved all to win the match with a 2-0 score.

Simona Halep has won all five matches in this tournament with a 2-0 score. She is priced with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) to win over Rybakina to nil.

Elena Rybakina vs Simona Halep H2H

Simona Halep beat Elena Rybakina (7-6, 4-6, 6-3) in the 2021 WTA US Open. Both tennis players made five double faults each. Halep won nine service games and 55% of service points. She won seven return games and 46% of return points. Simona Halep received 10 break point opportunities and converted seven of them.

Rybakina won 53% and 44% of service and return games. She saved only 30% out of 10 break points and converted 64% of break points. Elena Rybakina won 65% of the points on the first serves.

Elena Rybakina vs Simona Halep predictions and betting tips

Simona Halep extended her streak of 2-0 victories in the quarter-final. She destroyed Amanda Anisimova in this stage. In the Round of 16, Halep flawlessly pulled down Paula Badosa, who is in her best form now. Elena Rybakina has not performed as well as her rival in the 2022 Wimbledon. She had a close game against Tomljanovic and has not met a strong rival in other stages.

In spite of the close last H2H match, Simona Halep is able to destroy Rybakina with a 2-0 score, because the current season is not the best one for the Kazakh tennis player. She has lost 24% of service games and 38% of service points. In this tournament she has not met a rival from the top 40 WTA and has not increased her stats in those matches.

Betting prediction: Simona Halep to win (2-0)

Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)

Tennis . Wimbledon. Women. Singles. Semi-finals
Elena Rybakina — Simona Halep
Lost
Set score (2-0) — Halep
1.85
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!