The Ons Jabeur vs Tatjana Maria fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 Wimbledon will take place on Thursday, 7 July 2022, starting at 12:30 p.m. GMT. The venue is the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club. Ons Jabeur vs Tatjana Maria (July 7) Wimbledon semi-final prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Ons Jabeur vs Tatjana Maria latest odds on betting sites
Ons Jabeur is priced with the odds of 1.15 (-667 American; 3/20 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 87%. Tatjana Maria comes with the odds of 6.20 (+520; 26/5) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 13%.
The latest odds for Ons Jabeur vs Tatjana Maria (July 7):
- Over 19.5 games — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
- Under 19.5 games — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Jabeur — 1.40 (-250; 2/5)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Maria — 2.75 (+175; 7/4)
- Asian handicap (-5.5) games on Jabeur — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
- Asian handicap (+5.5) games on Maria — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
Ons Jabeur vs Tatjana Maria match preview and statistics
Ons Jabeur pulled Marie Bouzkova (3-6, 6-1, 6-1) down in the last game.
The tennis players started the first set equally. They traded winning service games and did not give each other break point opportunities to a 2-2 score. Then Bouzkova converted one out of two break points to receive a two games lead. Ons Jabeur reached a 40-15 score in the eighth game and was able to level the score, but she did not convert two break points and lost the set.
Ons Jabeur converted a break point in the first game of the second set and won the next one. She had one more break point in the third game, but Bouzkova saved it. In spite of it, Jabeur won the next four games in a row to finish the set with a 6-1 score. She converted three out of three break points.
The last set was a bit similar to the second one. Ons Jabeur did not give her rival chances at the start of the set. She won the first four games in a row. Then Marie Bouzkova converted a break point in the third return game, but Jabeur finished the set in the next two games. She did not make a double fault in this set.
Ons Jabeur has made only two double faults in the last eight matches. She is priced with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) to make less than two double faults.
Tatjana Maria beat Jule Niemeier (4-6, 6-2, 7-5) in the quarter-final.
Niemeier easily won the first two games of the first set and had a break point opportunity in the third one. However, then tennis players’ performances were absolutely equal. They traded winning service games and did not give each other break points to a 4-6 score.
The second set started in favor of Niemeier. She converted one out of four break points in the first return game. However, Maria won the next four games. Then she lost a return game and won two remaining to finish the score to win the set with a 6-2 score. She won 56% and 54% of service and return points, respectively.
At the start of the last set, both tennis players showed equal tennis. They trade winning service games without break points to a 2-2 score. Then Jule Niemeier won two games in a row, but Maria came back winning three games in a row. In the 11th game, Niemeier had a break point, but she did not convert it, whereas her rival finished the last return game in her favor.
A total of over 2.5 sets has played out in 11 of the last 13 matches with Tatjana Maria. The same total comes with the odds of 2.60 (+160; 8/5) in this semi-final.
Ons Jabeur vs Tatjana Maria H2H
Ons Jabeur defeated Tatjana Maria (6-4, 6-1) in the final of the 2018 WTA Beijing qualifications. She showed a strong comeback in the first set winning three games in a row. Overall, the Tunisian tennis player won six out of eight service games and six out of nine return games.
Tatjana Maria received six break point opportunities and converted two of them. She saved only four out of 10 breaks.
Ons Jabeur vs Tatjana Maria predictions and betting tips
Tatjana Maria is playing one of her best seasons now. She has won approximately 80% and 36% of service and return games in the 2021-22 season. In this tournament, Maria has won over Jelena Ostapenko and Maria Sakkari, who are in peak form. Of course, Jabeur looks undefeatable in her current condition, but I believe that Maria is able to win a set after such a good play in the previous stage of the tournament.
Also, I believe to see a total of under 1.5 double faults by Ons Jabeur. She has finished seven of the last eight matches without double faults. This outcome looks so safe.
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Maria
Odds: 2.75 (+175 American; 7/4 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Under 1.5 double faults by Ons Jabeur
Odds: 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractional)