Wimbledon 2022: Djokovic vs Sinner prediction and betting tips (July 5)
Novak Djokovic has won all H2H matches against Jannik Sinner to nil. Will he win this one to qualify for the next stage?
Jannik Sinner won over Carlos Alcaraz Garfia (6-1, 6-4, 6-7, 6-3) in the last round
Jannik Sinner won over Carlos Alcaraz Garfia (6-1, 6-4, 6-7, 6-3) in the last round
by No Avatar Alex Weaver

The Novak Djokovic vs Jannik Sinner fixture in the quarter-final of the 2022 Wimbledon will take place on Tuesday, 5 July 2022, starting at 12:30 p.m. GMT. The venue is All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club. Novak Djokovic vs Jannik Sinner (July 5) Wimbledon quarter-final prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Novak Djokovic vs Jannik Sinner latest odds on betting sites

Novak Djokovic is priced with the odds of 1.15 (-667 American; 3/20 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 87%. Jannik Sinner comes with the odds of 6.50 (+550; 11/2) to win this match. The chances of his triumph are around 13%.

The latest odds for Novak Djokovic vs Jannik Sinner (July 5):

  • Over 34.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Under 34.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (-2.5) sets on Djokovic — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Asian handicap (+2.5) sets on Sinner — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian handicap (-6.5) games on Djokovic — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (+6.5) games on Sinner — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)

Novak Djokovic vs Jannik Sinner match preview and statistics

Novak Djokovic destroyed Tim van Rijthoven (6-2, 4-6, 6-1, 6-2) in the Round of 16.

He started the first set flawlessly. Djokovic won the first three games. He saved two break points and converted a single one in these sets. The tennis players were equal to a 4-2 score, but Novak Djokovic won the last two games to win the first set.

In the second set, the Serbian tennis player received the first break point opportunity in the fourth game, but did not finish it successfully. Tim van Rijthoven converted his single break point opportunity in the seventh game, and won the next one to reach a 3-5 score. Djokovic did not convert four break points in the last game and lost the set with a 4-6 score.

In spite of not having a confident play in the second game, he performed incredibly in the third one. Djokovic won the first five games and reached a 40-15 score in the sixth one. Djokovic won 89% of service points and 54% of return points.

The Serb reached a 40-15 score in the first game of the fourth set and finished the first break point successfully. He had two more break points in this set, but converted only one of them to finish the set with a 6-2 score.

Novak Djokovic has won 12 of the last 15 matches to nil. He is priced with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) to beat Jannik Sinner with a 3-0 score.

Jannik Sinner won over Carlos Alcaraz Garfia (6-1, 6-4, 6-7, 6-3) in the last round.

Jannik surprised his rival in the first set. He lost the first return game, but then won all remaining games in a row to finish the set with a 6-1 score. He did not make a double fault and did not give his rival a break point opportunity.

In the second set, Jannik Sinner converted a break point in the first game. Alcaraz Garfia was close to levelling the score, but did not finish a single break point opportunity in the second game. The tennis players traded the remaining games to finish the set with a 6-4 score.

Sinner started the third set confidently. He reached a 40-0 score in the first game, but Alcaraz Garfia saved all break point opportunities. Both tennis players did not give each other break point opportunities in the remaining games. In tie-breaks, they were equal, but Carlos Alcaraz took three points in a row after an 8-7 score.

In the fourth game of the fourth set, Jannik Sinner reached a 40-15 score and converted the second break point, whereas Carlos Alcaraz Garfia did not convert three break points in the fifth game. Sinner saved one more break point in the ninth game to finish the match.

Both tennis players have won a set or more in five of the last six matches with Jannik Sinner participating. A total of over 3.5 sets is priced with the odds of 1.95 (-105; 19/20) in this quarter-final.

Novak Djokovic vs Jannik Sinner H2H

Novak Djokovic defeated Jannik Sinner (6-4, 6-2) in the 1/16 finals of the 2021 ATP Monte Carlo. He won seven and five service and return games, respectively. Djokovic won 61% of service points and 51% of return points.

Jannik Sinner made three double faults in two sets. He saved five break points and converted 50% out of four breaks.

Novak Djokovic vs Jannik Sinner predictions and betting tips

Novak Djokovic confidently goes through the tournament grid. He has not lost more than a set per match, but he has met only one rival from the top 75 ATP. Jannik Sinner showed a flawless match against the Alcaraz Garfia in the previous stage and was close to finishing it with a 3-0 score. Also, he has won the last seven Bo5 matches. I believe that he will win a set in this quarter-final.

A total of under 9.5 games in the first set has played out in the last 11 matches with Novak Djokovic participating and in six of the last nine games with Jannik Sinner’s participation. The same total looks safe this time.

Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+2.5) sets on Sinner

Odds: 1.95 (-105 American; 19/20 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Under 9.5 games (1st set)

Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)

Tennis . Wimbledon. Men. Singles. Quarter-finals
Novak Djokovic — Jannik Sinner
Won
Asian handicap (+2.5) sets on Sinner
1.95
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!