The Tampa Bay Lightning vs Toronto Maple Leafs fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Sunday, 8 May 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 11:00 p.m. by GMT this day. The venue is Amalie Arena, Tampa. The Tampa Bay Lightning vs Toronto Maple Leafs (8 May 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Tampa Bay Lightning vs Toronto Maple Leafs latest odds on betting sites
The Tampa Bay Lightning are priced with the odds of 2.30 (+130 American; 13/10 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 43%. The Toronto Maple Leafs come with the odds of 2.60 (+160; 8/5) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 38%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.70 (+370; 37/10), which equals an approximate probability of 19%.
The latest odds for Lightning vs Maple Leafs (8 May 2022) betting markets:
- Over 6.5 goals — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
- Under 6.5 goals — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Lightning — 3.00 (+200; 2/1)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Maple Leafs — 1.40 (-250; 2/5)
Tampa Bay Lightning vs Toronto Maple Leafs match preview and statistics
The Tampa Bay Lightning were destroyed by the Maple Leafs (2-5) in the third round
In the first period, the Lightning did not play confidently. They made nine shots on target with four in such a close range, but did not score a goal. Also, Jon Coopes’ boys completed four blocks and 14 saves. They won only five out of 19 face-offs and completed four interceptions.
In the second period, Tampa performed much better than in the first one. They made 11 shots and converted the second power play opportunity. The Tampa Bay Lightning completed 14 defensive actions and won 50% out of 22 face-offs. In the 32nd minute, Ross Colton scored his goal with Mikhail Sergachev and Ondrej Palat’s support.
They attacked better than the Maple Leafs in the last period, but did not finish most of their moments successfully. The Lightning made 14 shots on target and won 14 face-offs. They completed only six defensive actions. In the 46th minute, Ondrej Palat scored the second goal for his team.
Ondrej Palat was the second star of this match. He took part in both scored goals and made four shots on target. Andrei Vasilevskiy had a not bad match. He has saved 91.2% of shots on target, which is his average result.
The Tampa Bay Lightning have converted a powerplay opportunity approximately 1.6 times per match. They are priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) to score a power play goal.
Tampa Bay Lightning team news: Brent Seabrook — shoulder injury.
The Toronto Maple Leafs won over the Lightning (5-2) in the last game.
In the first period, the Maple Leafs showed a flawless performance. They made 16 shots on target, bagged two goals and won 13 out of 18 face-offs. In the fifth minute, Morgan Rielly scored a goal in power play. Ilya Lyubushkin and Pierre Engvall helped Colin Blackwell to score the second goal.
Sheldon Keefe’s men played well in the second period too. They made 13 shots and completed 14 defensive actions. Also, the Toronto Maple Leafs won 11 face-offs. In the 26th minute, David Kampf scored the third goal for his team.
The last period started badly for the Maple Leafs. They made only seven shots on target and showed a passive playstyle. Sheldon Keefe’s men completed 22 defensive actions and won seven out of 21 face-offs. However, in the last two minutes, Pierre Engvall helped Ilya Mikheyev to score two goals into an empty net to finish the game with a 5-2 score.
Jack Campbell showed his best play in this match. He finished it as the first star with 32 saves out of 34 shots on target. Mitchell Marner keeps being the star player. He made seven shots on target, which was the highest number among both teams and made an assist in the third round.
We have seen a total of over 6.5 goals in 10 of the last 12 matches with the Maple Leafs participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.15 (+115; 23/20) in this game.
Toronto Maple Leafs team news: Petr Mrazek — groin injury, Rasmus Sandin — knee injury.
Tampa Bay Lightning vs Toronto Maple Leafs H2H
Tampa have won two out of four H2H matches against the Maple Leafs in the regular season. They showed a strong defence. The Lightning completed 231 defensive actions in four games. They made 122 shots on target and finished 16 of them successfully. Jon Cooper’s men 47.5% out of 242 face-offs.
The Maple Leafs made 148 shots on target and bagged 12 goals. They completed 186 defensive actions and won 127 remaining face-offs.
Tampa Bay Lightning vs Toronto Maple Leafs lineups and key players
Toronto Maple Leafs projected first lineup:
- Erik Kallgren
- T. J. Brodie
- Morgan Rielly
- Mitchell Marner
- Auston Matthews
- Pierre Engvall
Mitchell Marner saves the third star title against Tampa. He is the second best attacker in the play-offs with six points.
Tampa Bay Lightning projected starting lineup:
- Andrei Vasilevskiy
- Jan Rutta
- Victor Hedman
- Steven Stamkos
- Anthony Cirelli
- Ondrej Palat
Ondrej Palat shone in the third round against the Maple Leafs. He finished one out of four shots on target successfully and made an assist.
Tampa Bay Lightning vs Toronto Maple Leafs predictions and betting tips
We saw an incredibly close match in the third round, apart from the last two goals in the empty net. Teams looked strong and equal in this fixture. Jack Campbell was the main reason for his team’s victory. He finished it as the first star, whereas Tampa’s key player did not show his best play this time. Victor Hedman finished the match with a -3 impact index. I believe that in the fourth round both teams will show absolutely equal play and we may see a draw in 60 minutes.
A total of over 6.5 has played out in five of the last six H2H matches, apart from the first round of play-offs. The same outcome has played out in 10 of the last 12 matches with the Maple Leafs participating. We may see it again in the fourth round.
Betting prediction: Draw
Odds: 4.70 (+370 American; 37/10 Fractions)
Betting prediction: Over 6.5 goals
Odds: 2.15 (+115 American; 23/10 Fractions)