French Open 2022: Ruud vs Cilic prediction and betting tips (June 3)
Casper Ruud has won all head-to-head games against Marin Cilic. Will he win one more to qualify for the final of the 2022 French Open?
Caper Ruud pulled Marin Cilic (6-3, 3-6, 6-3) down in the 2021 ATP Toronto
Caper Ruud pulled Marin Cilic (6-3, 3-6, 6-3) down in the 2021 ATP Toronto

The Casper Ruud vs Marin Cilic fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 Roland Garros will take place on Thursday, 3 June 2022, starting at 12:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Court Philippe-Chatrier, Paris. Casper Ruud vs Marin Cilic (June 3) French Open semi-final prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Casper Ruud vs Marin Cilic latest odds on betting sites

Casper Ruud is priced with the odds of 1.40 (-250 American; 2/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 67%. Marin Cilic comes with the odds of 3.10 (+210; 21/10) to win this match. The chances of his triumph are around 33%.

The latest odds for Casper Ruud vs Marin Cilic (June 3):

  • Over 38.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Under 38.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Cilic — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Ruud — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (+4.5) games on Cilic — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (-4.5) games on Ruud — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)

Casper Ruud vs Marin Cilic match preview and statistics

Casper Ruud defeated Holger Rune (6-1, 4-6, 7-6, 6-3) in the last fixture.

He easily won the first five games of the first set. Then the tennis players traded the remaining service games to finish the set with a 6-1 score. Ruud converted two out of four break points and did not give his rival a break point opportunity.

In the third game of the second set, Ruud received two break point opportunities, but did not convert both. In the fifth game, Casper Ruud reached a 40-0 score and converted the second break point. Then Holger Rune won the next service game to level the score. In the last game, Rune reached a 40-0 score and converted the first break point to win this set.

Casper Ruud had one break point in the first game of the third set, but his rival saved it. In the seventh game, he received one more break point and converted it. Rune reached a 40-15 score in the eighth game and leveled the score. In tie-breaks, Ruud played much better than Rune and finished it with a 7-2 score.

In the fourth game, Casper Ruud played well too. He had two break points in the first return game, but did not convert both. In the fourth return game, he reached a 40-0 score and converted one out of four break points to win the game. He won the last service game to qualify for the next stage.

A total of over 3.5 sets has played out in four out of five matches in the 2022 French Open with Casper Ruud participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) this time.

Marin Cilic beat Andrey Rublev (5-7, 6-4, 6-4, 3-6, 7-6) in a close quarter-final.

The tennis players were absolutely equal at the start of the first set. They traded winning service games to a 3-3 score and did not give each other break point opportunities. Andrey Rublev did not convert five break points in the fourth and fifth return games. In spite of this, he won the next three games in a row to win the set.

The Croatian tennis player won the first three games of the second set. He received one more break point opportunity in the sixth game, but did not convert it. The tennis players traded the remaining service games to finish the set with a 4-6 score.

Marin Cilic reached a 40-30 score in the fifth game of the third set, but he did not finish two break points successfully. Then Cilic won three games in a row to reach a 5-3 score and the tennis players traded the remaining service games to win the third set.

In the fourth set, the tennis players were absolutely equal to a 3-3 score. Then Andrey Rublev converted a single break point in this set to win three games in a row. Cilic did not make a double fault, but won only 42% of all points.

Both tennis players performed flawlessly in the fifth set. They did not give each other break points to a 4-5 score. Cilic reached a 40-30 score in the tenth game to receive a match point, but he did not convert it. He played perfectly in tie-breaks and lost only two points during it.

A total of under 9.5 games in the third set has played out in four of the last five matches with Marin Cilic’s participation. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) in this game.

Casper Ruud vs Marin Cilic H2H

Caper Ruud pulled Marin Cilic (6-3, 3-6, 6-3) down in the 2021 ATP Toronto. He made only one double fault in three sets. Ruud won 93% of service games and 31% of return games. He created five break point opportunities and converted two of them.

Marin Cilic won 69% and 26% of service and return points, respectively. He saved 60% of break points and completed a break in this match.

Casper Ruud vs Marin Cilic predictions and betting tips

Casper Ruud has a streak of nine victories now. He has lost only one of the last 13 matches. In that fixture, his rival was current No. 1. Also, Ruud has won all two games against Marin Cilic with one to nil.

The Croatian tennis player defeated Rublev and Medvedev in this tournament. Of course, No. 2 is not in his best form now, but he still is a strong rival. I believe that we will see a close match in four or more sets. Besides, the same outcome has played out in four out of five matches in the 2022 French Open with Casper Ruud participating.

Casper Ruud has completed approximately five or fewer breaks per match in the 2022 French Open. Also, he completed only two breaks in three sets in the last H2H match against Marin Cilic. I believe that he will not complete more than five breaks in this semi-final.

Betting prediction: Over 3.5 sets

Odds: 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Under 5.5 breaks by Ruud

Odds: 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractional)

Tennis . French Open. Men. Singles. Semi-finals
Casper Ruud — Marin Cilic
Not settled
Under 5.5 breaks by Ruud
1.60
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!