The Rafael Nadal vs Alexander Zverev fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 Roland Garros will take place on Thursday, 3 June 2022, starting at 12:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Court Philippe-Chatrier, Paris. Rafael Nadal vs Alexander Zverev (June 3) French Open semi-final prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Rafael Nadal vs Alexander Zverev latest odds on betting sites
Rafael Nadal is priced with the odds of 1.35 (-286 American; 7/20 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 74%. Alexander Zverev comes with the odds of 3.60 (+260; 13/5) to win this match. The chances of his triumph are around 26%.
The latest odds for Rafael Nadal vs Alexander Zverev (June 3):
- Over 37.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Under 37.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Zverev — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Nadal — 1.67 (-150; 2/3)
- Asian handicap (+5.5) games on Zverev — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (-5.5) games on Nadal — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
Rafael Nadal vs Alexander Zverev match preview and statistics
Rafael Nadal destroyed Novak Djokovic (6-2, 4-6, 6-2, 7-6) to qualify for the current stage.
In the first game of the first set, Nadal received three break points and converted the last one. Djokovic reached a 40-15 score in the second return game, but Rafa saved both. Then the Spanish tennis player won two more games to reach a 5-1 score and the tennis players traded winning their last service games to finish the set with a 6-2 score.
Rafael Nadal converted one out of seven break points in the first game of the second set and finished successfully a single break point in the third game to reach a 3-0 score. Despite this flawless start, Djokovic won the next four games in a row to come back. Also, the Serbian tennis player received two break points in the last game and finished the second one successfully.
Rafa started the third set perfectly. He easily reached a 5-1 score. The tennis players traded last games to finish this set with a 6-2 score. Nadal won 66% of service points and 47% of return points. He gave Djokovic only one break point opportunity and easily saved it.
Djokovic played perfectly at the start of the fourth set. He reached a 40-30 score in the first return game and converted it. The tennis players traded winning service games to a 5-2 score. He was close to finishing the set in his favor, but Nadal won the next three games in a row to level the score. In tie-breaks, he played better and finished it with a 7-4 score.
Rafael Nadal has completed five or more breaks in all matches in the 2022 French Open. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) in this fixture.
Alexander Zverev pulled Carlos Alcaraz Garfia (6-4, 6-4, 4-6, 7-6) down in the last match.
In the fifth game of the first set, Zverev received three break point opportunities and converted the third one. The tennis players traded winning their remaining service games to finish the first set with a 6-4 score. The German tennis player won 79% and 41% of service and return points, respectively.
In the second set, we saw approximately equal play again. Carlos Alcaraz Garfia received the first break point in the fourth game, but did not convert it. Zverev reached a 40-15 score in the seventh game and converted the second break point. In the 10th game, Alcaraz received one more break point and was close to levelling the score, but he did not convert it.
In the third set, both tennis players performed flawlessly. They traded winning service games and did not give each other break point opportunities to a 4-4 score. Alexander Zverev reached a 40-30 score in the fifth return game, but did not finish it in his favor. Alcaraz Garfia converted the first break point in the 10th game to win this set.
They started the last set as well as the third. The tennis players traded winning service games to a 4-4 score. They reached a 40-15 score and converted their second break points in their fifth return games each. In tie-breaks, they performed equally again, but Zverev was a bit stronger at the end of it and won it with a 9-7 score.
A total of over 9.5 games in the second set has played out in the last four H2H games. The same total comes with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) this time.
Rafael Nadal vs Alexander Zverev H2H
Rafael Nadal won over Alexander Zverev (6-3, 6-4) in the 2021 ATP Rome. He did not make a double fault. Rafa won nine service games and 64% of service points. He won 33% and 44% of return games and points, respectively. Nadal converted three out of six break points and saved 90% of breaks.
Zverev won six service games and only one return game. He won 56% and 36% of service and return games, respectively. Alexander Zverev received 10 break point opportunities, but converted only one of them.
Rafael Nadal vs Alexander Zverev predictions and betting tips
Rafael Nadal had a close game against Novak Djokovic in the quarter-final. He was lucky to come back after a 5-2 score in the fourth game to finish the match with a 3-1 score. Also, he defeated Felix Auger-Aliassime and Botic van de Zandschulp, who are in good condition now.
Zverev won over Carlos Alcaraz Garfia confidently. He has won three of the last four H2H fixtures against Rafa. I believe that we will see a close match with a total of over 37.5 games.
Alexander Zverev has completed approximately three breaks per match in the 2022 season. He has completed three or more breaks in four of the last five matches and in four of the last five H2H fixtures. This outcome may play out this time.
Betting prediction: Over 37.5 games
Odds: 1.95 (-105 American; 19/20 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Over 2.5 breaks by Zverev
Odds: 1.67 (-150 American; 2/3 Fractional)