French Open 2022: Djokovic vs Nadal prediction and betting tips (May 31)
Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal have won two of the last five H2H matches each. Who will win this one to qualify for the next round?
Novak Djokovic pulled Rafael Nadal down in the semi-final of the 2021 Roland Garros
Novak Djokovic pulled Rafael Nadal down in the semi-final of the 2021 Roland Garros

The Novak Djokovic vs Rafael Nadal fixture in the quarter-final of the 2022 Roland Garros will take place on Tuesday, 31 May 2022, starting at 6:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Court Philippe-Chatrier, Paris. Novak Djokovic vs Rafael Nadal (May 31) French Open quarter-final prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Novak Djokovic vs Rafael Nadal latest odds on betting sites

Novak Djokovic is priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 65%. Rafael Nadal comes with the odds of 2.80 (+180; 9/5) to win this match. The chances of his triumph are around 35%.

The latest odds for Novak Djokovic vs Rafael Nadal (May 31):

  • Over 37.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Under 37.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Djokovic — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Nadal — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Djokovic — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Nadal — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)

Novak Djokovic vs Rafael Nadal match preview and statistics

Novak Djokovic beat Diego Schwartzman (6-1, 6-3, 6-3) in the most recent game.

Schwartzman reached a 40-15 score in the third game of the first set, but he did not convert two break points. In the next game, Novak Djokovic converted a single break point. In the sixth game, he received four more break points and converted the last one. He won the next game to win the set.

Diego Schwartzman converted one out of two break points in the second game of the second set. Novak Djokovic won six games after a 3-0 score to finish the second set in his favor. He did not make a double fault and won 100% out of three break points.

The tennis players traded winning service games to a 2-2 score. Then Novak Djokovic won three games in a row. They traded last service games to finish the set with a 6-3 score. Djokovic won 71% and 41% of service and return points, respectively.

Novak Djokovic has won the last nine fixtures to nil. He is priced with the odds of 3.10 (+210; 21/10) to qualify for the next stage with a 3-0 score.

Rafael Nadal won over Felix Auger-Aliassime (3-6, 6-3, 6-2, 3-6, 6-3) in the previous stage.

In the first set, Rafael Nadal had six break points in the second and third return games, but he did not convert them all. After a 5-1 score, he won the next two games and tried to level the score, but lost the ninth game.

Rafa and Felix Auger-Aliassime started the second set equally. They traded winning service games to a 3-3 score. However, after it Nadal won three games in a row to win the set with a 6-3 score. He did not make a double fault and saved 100% of break points.

Nadal reached a 40-15 score in the first game of the third set, but Auger-Aliassime saved both. In the third game, Rafael Nadal reached a 40-0 score and converted the third break point. He converted one out of two break points in the seventh game and won the eighth game to finish this set.

Felix Auger-Aliassime played better than Rafa at the start of the fourth game. He reached a 4-1 score, but then the tennis players traded winning service games to finish the set with a 6-3 score in his favor. Rafael Nadal won only 52% of service games and 38% of return games.

They started the last set equally. We saw only one break point before a 3-3 score, which was not converted. Then Rafael Nadal won three remaining games to qualify for the current stage.

We have seen a total of under 9.5 games in the first set in the last 10 matches with Rafa participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.15 (+115; 23/20) this time.

Novak Djokovic vs Rafael Nadal H2H

Novak Djokovic pulled Rafael Nadal (3-6, 6-3, 7-6, 6-2) down in the semi-final of the 2021 Roland Garros. He won 13 out of 19 service games and 42% out of 19 return games. He saved and converted 63% and 36% of break points respectively. Djokovic made only three double faults in four sets.

Rafael Nadal won 11 and six service and return games, respectively. He won 53% of service points and 41% of return points. He converted six break points and saved 64% out of 22 breaks.

Novak Djokovic vs Rafael Nadal predictions and betting tips

Novak Djokovic is in good form now. He has won 15 of the last 17 fixtures with 11 to nil. In the 2022 Roland Garros, he has defeated all rivals with a 3-0 score. In the last game, Djokovic easily beat Diego Schwartzman, who is in good form too. In the last head-to-head fixture, Djokovic played much better than his rival.

Rafa had a close game against Felix Auger-Aliassime in the quarter-final and was close to losing it. Also, he has lost three of the last 10 matches. In losing games he met Shapovalov, Alcaraz Garfia and Fritz. Djokovic looks much stronger than Nadal now. I believe that he will qualify for the next stage.

We have seen a total of under 9.5 games in the first set in the last 10 matches with Rafael Nadal participating and in the last five games with Novak Djokovic’s participation. This outcome may play out again.

Betting prediction: Novak Djokovic to win

Odds: 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Under 9.5 games (1st set)

Odds: 2.15 (+115 American; 23/20 Fractional)

Tennis . French Open. Men. Singles. Quarter-finals
Novak Djokovic — Rafael Nadal
Not settled
Under 9.5 games (1st set)
2.15
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!