The Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Alexander Zverev fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 ATP Madrid will take place on Saturday, 7 May 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Caja Magica, Madrid. Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Alexander Zverev (May 7) semi-final prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Alexander Zverev latest odds on betting sites
Stefanos Tsitsipas is priced with the odds of 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 58%. Alexander Zverev comes with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5) to win this match. The chances of his triumph are around 42%.
The latest odds for Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Alexander Zverev (May 7):
- Over 22.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 22.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Tsitsipas — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Zverev — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
- Asian handicap (-2.5) games on Tsitsipas — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+2.5) games on Zverev — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Alexander Zverev match preview and statistics
Stefanos Tsitsipas beat Andrey Rublev (6-3, 2-6, 6-4) in the last fixture.
Tsitsipas started the first set perfectly. He reached a 40-0 score in the second game and finished the fifth break point successfully. Stefanos Tsitsipas reached a 3-0 score and did not give his rival break point opportunities to finish the first set with a 6-3 score. He did not make a double fault and won 77% of service points.
Stefanos Tsitsipas had a break point in the first game of the second set, but Rublev did not let his rival convert it. The tennis players were equal to a 2-2 score, but then the Russian tennis player won four games in a row to finish the second set. Stefanos Tsitsipas won only 50% and 28% of service and return points, respectively.
At the start of the last set, both tennis players were absolutely equal. They traded winning service games and did not give each other break point opportunities to a 3-3 score. Stefanos Tsitsipas received a break point in the seventh game, but did not convert it. He reached a 40-0 score in the next return game and finished the first break point successfully. Andrey Rublev reached a 40-15 score in the last game, but Tsitsipas did not let his rival level the score.
Stefanos Tsitsipas has won the first set in 10 of the last 11 matches. He is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) to win the first set in the semi-final.
Alexander Zverev met Felix Auger-Aliassime (6-3, 7-5) in the quarter-final.
After losing the first game, Alexander Zverev won the next three to reach a 3-1 score. He did not lose more than 30 points per service game in this set and did not give his rival break points. Zverev received the second break point in the ninth game and finished it successfully to finish the first set. The German tennis player won 84% of service points and 42% of return points.
He started the second set perfectly too. Zverev won the first three games confidently. However, Auger-Aliassime showed a strong play and leveled the score in five games. Alexander Zverev had two break points in the tenth game, but he did not convert them. Then he won the last two games to finish this match.
We have seen a total of under 9.5 games in the first set in three of the last four matches with Alexander Zverev participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.25 (+125; 5/4) in this game.
Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Alexander Zverev H2H
Stefanos Tsitsipas won over Alexander Zverev (6-4, 6-2) in the 2022 ATP Monte Carlo. He made only one double fault in two sets. Tsitsipas won 68% of service points and 53% of return points. He created eight break point opportunities and converted five of them. Stefanos Tsitsipas saved 50% out of four break point.
Alexander Zverev won four service games and two return games. He won only 47% and 32% of service and return points, respectively. Zverev converted two break points and saved three breaks.
Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Alexander Zverev predictions and betting tips
Stefanos Tsitsipas looks a bit stronger in his current form. He played flawlessly in the last H2H match and has won seven of the last nine head-to-head games against Alexander Zverev. The Greek has won 12 of the last 14 matches and was defeated only by Carlos Alcaraz Garfia. Also, he has shown more confident play against stronger rivals in this tournament. His victory looks safe.
Also, Stefanos Tsitsipas will win the first set for sure. He has won the first set in 10 of the last 11 matches, whereas Alexander Zverev has lost it in four of the last six matches. I believe that this outcome will play out this time.
Betting prediction: Stefanos Tsitsipas to win
Odds: 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Stefanos Tsitsipas to win (1st set)
Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional)